8:00 am-5:00 pm
Office Address: 6419 Heg Park Road, Wind Lake, WI 53185
Phone: (262) 895-6335 • Fax: (262) 895-6601 • Email: email@example.com
Patricia Campbell, Town Clerk firstname.lastname@example.org
Melissa Grohs, Deputy Clerk email@example.com
What would you like to know about...
The Town of Norway holds annually a “Town Meeting” and invites town of Norway citizens to attend and provide comment. It is typically held the 4th Tuesday in April.
Spayed & Neutered $ 10.00
Unaltered Dogs: $15.00
Late fee (after April 1): $ 5.00
Replacement Tag .50
State Statute dictates that ALL DOGS 5 MONTHS AND OLDER BE LICENSED BY APRIL 1ST OF EACH YEAR.
A CERTIFICATE OF RABIES must be presented at time of licensing.
Three Ways To License Your Dog:
1. Stop by the Clerk’s Office between the hours of 8:00 am-5:00 pm.
2. Mail a check, the rabies vaccination certificate if new info., along with a stamped, self- envelope to: Town of Norway, 6419 Heg Park Rd, Wind Lake, WI 53185.
3. Use the Drop Box located in front of the Town Hall. Place check, rabies vaccination certificate if new info and stamped, self-addressed envelope into the box and a tag will be sent back to you.
Per local ordinance, failure to license may result in a fine up to $250.00.
PLEASE MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO LICENSE YOUR DOG.
At this time, there is one polling place for the Town of Norway:
Town of Norway Municipal Building
6419 Heg Park Road
Wind Lake WI 53185
All polling places in the State of Wisconsin open at 7 a.m. and close at 8 p.m.
In even numbered years, there is the potential for 4 elections:
- February Primary on the 3rd Tuesday of the month for school board members; town officials; county offices with referendum question(s), if needed.
- April General Election on the 1st Tuesday of the month for the winners of the Spring Primary and any other school board, local municipal officials or county offices with referendum question(s), if needed.
- August Primary on the 2nd Tuesday of the month for either the President or Governor and other Federal and State offices with referendum question(s), if needed.
- November Election on the 1st Tuesday after the 1st Monday for the winners of the September Primary and any other State or Federal Offices with referendum questions, if needed.
In odd numbered years, there is the potential for 2 elections.
- February Primary as detailed above; and
- April General Election as detailed above.
You must be registered to vote. To register to vote, an individual must:
1. Be a US citizen;
2. Be at least 18 years of age or older on or before Election Day;
3. Have resided in an election district for 10 days, with no present intent to move, before any election;
4. Not be disqualified from voting for any of the reasons below:
- any person convicted of treason, felony, or bribery who has not completed the terms of his/her sentence including probation, parole or extended supervision.
- any person who has been determined by a court to be incapable of understanding the objective of the elective process or who is under guardianship.
- any person who has made or become interested, directly or indirectly, in any bet or wager depending upon the results of the election.
HOW TO REGISTER TO VOTE
All municipalities in Wisconsin require voter registration prior to being allowed to vote.
The federal ‘Help American Vote Act of 2002’ (HAVA) requires any person registering to vote to:
- supply a Wisconsin Department of Transportation issued driver’s license or Wisconsin ID number; only if the elector has neither of these, can the last four digits of their Social Security number be required.
There are 3 options to register:
- By Mail – download the Application for Voter Registration (GAB 131) found on the State Elections website (http://elections.state.wi.us - go to Forms and Publications, click on All Forms and find #GAB 131 (a fillable form* is available on this site), complete the form and mail it to the clerk’s office. This application must be postmarked no later than the 20th day before the election (the 3rd Wednesday). First time voters must provide an acceptable identifying document that indicates proof of residence with the registration application.
- In Person – register in the clerk’s office up to 5 p.m. the Friday before the election with acceptable proof of residency.
- At the Polling Place on Election Day – the elector must bring proof that he/she has lived at this present location for 10 days preceding the election; residency proof with an expiration date must be valid on Election Day.
*The fillable form will be forwarded from the State Elections Board to our office. Depending on the timing of your completing the fill-able form, your information may not be received in our office to be included on the pre-printed poll list.
HOW TO APPLY FOR AN ABSENTEE BALLOT
Download the Application for Absentee Ballot (EB-121) found on the State Elections website listed above. Complete the form (a fillable* form is available on the website) and return it to the clerk’s office. The application must be received by 5 p.m. on the Thursday before the election in order for a ballot to be mailed to you. Any mailed ballot must be returned to the clerk’s office before 8 p.m. on Election Day to be counted.
This can be done up to the Friday before the election until 5 p.m.
*The fillable form will be forwarded from the State Elections Board to our office. Depending on the timing of your completing this fillable form, your request for an absentee ballot may not be received in our office to be processed in a timely fashion before an election.
Be prepared to vote, seal the ballot in the proper envelope, and sign the affidavit statement in front of the clerk or other election official present
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
The State Election Board (also called the Government Accountability Board) website contains valuable information for a voter. You are welcome to view many informational areas. You can find your legislator information here. Log on to http://elections.state.wi.us.
Another place to visit is http://vpa.wi.gov (this is also accessible through the above website). On this is site, you can check your personal information – verify the spelling of your name, address, check on your voting record.
If you have any questions or concerns, you are always welcome to contact the Clerk’s Office at 262-895-6335 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We are available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
See you at the polls.
Please place the following the the brown garbage cart:
Plastic wrap & bags
Bagged garbage & Food waste
Styrofoam & other loose trash
Do not put the following items in the brown garbage cart:
Household hazardous waste
Recycle Collection Every Other Week
Please place in the Green Recycle cart:
Clean aluminum foil
Tin cans, steel cans, aerosol cans, dried paint cans
Glass bottles & jars
#1-7 plastic bottles or jugs with a twist top
Cartons (juice boxes, milk cartons)
Newspaper, magazines, books, mail school/office paper
Brown corrugated cardboard
Gray chipboard (Cereal & shoe boxes)
Brown paper bags
Please put in secured clear plastic bag, and place in Green cart. No other recycling should be placed in bags.
Please do no place the following items in the green cart:
Styrofoam of any kind
Household hazardous waste
Please do not put recycling in plastic bags.
The arrows on the lid of the car must point to the street
Handles and wheels should face away front the street
the garbage cart should be placed within 2ft of the street on the one side of the driveway
the recycle cart should be placed within 2ft of the street on the other side of the driveway
Please keep 6ft of clearance between the carts and other objects, especially mailboxes and vehicles
Bulk garbage materials from the Town of Norway can be taken to the Waste Management Metro-Franklin landfill. This service is for RESIDENTIAL properties only. There is a limit of 2 yards of debris per visit. YOU will need a dump pass for the landfill.
Excludes: Appliances, Electronics, Recyclables, Hazardous Waste and Liquid Materials.
Waste Management Metro-Franklin
12200 W. South County Line Rd.
Land Fill hours: Monday-Friday 8am-4pm and Saturday 7am-3pm.
Johns Disposal website
Download Operator's License Application Here
Current Operators will need to renew their license by the end of June 30th. The fee is $40.00 plus a $10.00 background fee which need to be paid when establishing the request. Renewing Operators do NOT need to be at the Town Board Meeting.
NOTICE TO CUSTOMERS OF TOWN BANK ONLY
If you will be withdrawing funds from your Town Bank account for taxes, the bank will transfer these funds directly into the Town of Norway tax account. THE BANK CANNOT ACCEPT TAX PAYMENTS IN ANY OTHER MANNER. Simply present your tax bill to the teller and the bank will issue you a temporary receipt. In approximately 10 days you will receive your receipted tax bill in the mail from the Town Treasurer.